Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions on which downpipe to get, i'm thinking either the new Tomei downpipe w/ o2 housing or the JIC one. Which do you guys think would be a better choice? If there's any other brands lemme know, thanks

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
You're killing me with all the JDM stuff. What makes you keep asking about these expensive brands? I think I asked before, but I can't remember the answer. Do you just HAVE to have JDM for name brand recognition, or do you care about getting the most power for your money?

If you just want the best JDM-yo stuff, I am of no help. If you want the most power with the best fitment, least weight, and best price, then I'm your man. One thing to note is that people don't usually pick out JUST a DP. It's more normal to just get the whole TBE. Did you already buy a cat-back and cat replacement separately or something?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha yup you got it JDM whore my man, haha probably because i used to own a ek9 (civic hatch) before my evo. I got my exhaust off a trade with someone, they didn't have the dp and o2 housing so i was outa luck, but the exhaust was a full 3.5" w/ test pipe. So what dp you suggest warr?

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
You got a 3.5" test pipe and cat-back? Is it the HPF or AMS? Regardless, you need to make sure you get a DP that fits the 3.5" test pipe, so I would recommend finishing the set of what you already have. I would normally suggest the BR DP, but I am not sure if it (or any other DP) will mate to that huge TP. Are you saying your 3.5" TP bolted up to the STOCK downpipe? That's weird...if that fits, then maybe any DP will fit.

Hey, previously owning a Honduh doesn't mean you have to stay in the ricer mold and waste money. You have an Evo now, which is a real race car that doesn't require any namebrand JDM bling to be "cool." Up to you, though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Think its the AMS one. The tp fit alright to the stock dp but there was a noticable size difference on the exhaust to dp. So will any dp fit alright?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts