Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if mitsu ever recalled any of the evo's for the sun burning carbon fiber wing. Mine has little spots on it and it just looks like crap was wondering if anyone knew what mitsu is willing to do about the problem i have with it. Thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
If your still under your warranty period mitsu will replace the wing for you, though last I heard they are on back order due to this problem. It would be best for you to swing by your local dealership and have them check it out, you shouldnt get hassled for it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah, you shouldn't but most likely you will:mad: I visited two different dealerships about my tail flaking and peeling and I was told on both occasions they will not cover it! So tell me which dealership you went to. I went to Miller and Freeway (both crap) in SOCal:thumbdown

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
There is no recall, because a recall is only done on something that causes a safety hazard. This isn't even a TSB, but it is a known problem that Mitsu is responsible for fixing. Many people have been turned away with excuses like saying the customer scrubbed it too hard when washing or used the wrong wax, blah blah, but none of that is legit. You just have to get to an honest Mitsu dealer who will do their job properly.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
i got my whole new wing under warrenty. I guess perks of working for the dealer pay off sometimes. There was a TSB released in January of 06 and anyone with problems will get a new Evo 9 spoiler, it is TSB 06 51 001 . i hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
no Problem I have also heard from some factory reps talk about a TSB for the clear coat flaking off the calipers which may be released very soon. Let me know if you need any other TSB numbers, I have access to all of them since I work for a Mitsu dealer.

·
Registered
107 Posts
ryno11 said:
Yeah, you shouldn't but most likely you will:mad: I visited two different dealerships about my tail flaking and peeling and I was told on both occasions they will not cover it! So tell me which dealership you went to. I went to Miller and Freeway (both crap) in SOCal:thumbdown
As far as so cal dealers that actually accomodate your warranty, at least that are any where near to you, are huntington and south coast. Both of them will warranty just about anything and will overlook bolt on mods for the most part. If you venture out to the 909, Ive had good luck with norco taking care of me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry about reviving my thread but i went to mitsu today to get my ugly evo8 sun burnt wing replaced and they were gonna give it to me until they noticed my like 36month bumper to bumper was over for 6 months now. Does anyone know if they should really matter, i mean mitsu should know there is a problem wit the wing and the car only has 14k miles on it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes it is a TSB and they did honor it, after talking wit mitsu over in cali. The dealership has been approved to give me my wing

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
A TSB is nothing to honor, though. It's just a bulletin to the techs so they know of a common issue and know how to fix it quickly. It's not a recall where they have to do anything, and they only do it for free if you're under warranty. I thought you said your warranty ended?

·
Registered
213 Posts
yes it is a TSB and they did honor it, after talking wit mitsu over in cali. The dealership has been approved to give me my wing
That's a peice of good luck on your part, as you even said your warranty expired. Only reason I think they accomadated you was due to your mileage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts